Monday, December 19, 2011

Crafter Interview - Naturally by Denise creates art from "the beauty that surrounds us" - via my iCraft Blog


It was only natural that Denise Wandt would develop a lifelong love of creating art from recycled, rustic, and, well, natural materials.

“For as long as I can remember,” the owner of Naturally by Denise explains, “I have been coloring, painting, putting together scenes with rocks and twigs, or building cute houses and furniture for my dolls.

Art has always been a part of my life.”

For Denise, medium was no matter. Sticks, stones, shells, or sewing thread – she works with it all. “In school,” she recalls, “I could always be found in the art room working on something. It was my favorite place to be and fellow students and teachers always encouraged me.”

An early love of nature coupled with a creative side mean a future as an artist is a no-brainer, right? Well, not exactly. Although Denise has had an art studio since the 1980’s, her vision has not been a full-time venture.

“You know how life can take up most of your time.”

Does Denise find time to fulfill her passions? Read the rest of this Feature Interview on my iCraft.ca blog.

xoxo,
Justine

[Photo Credit: Naturally by Denise via iCraft.ca]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like any good narcissist, I love feedback! :)